We specialise in creating mobile employee apps that are integrated to a bigger solution. These can be live ‘cloud-based’ or synchronised apps on just about any platform; iOS, Windows, Android tablets and phones.
We generally recommend developing synchronised apps on iPad tablets. Here are some good reasons;
- The apps we get asked to build often require quite a lot of data transfer; photos, files etc. While this is generally possible on 4G data plans; we find that the actual connection often drops to 3G, which is not suitable, and there is nothing the user can do about it. Synchronisation is a safer strategy for any app that requires on-demand use and/or significant data transfer.
- The tablet format allows for a greater efficiency in data entry. Phones, while popular, are just too small and Apps have to employ a large amount of navigation to achieve the same outcomes.
- We can deploy FileMaker Go as the platform on iPad. It is not available on Android but does offer unparalleled speed of development.
- The iPad is cheap, light and easy to handle. Windows tablets are just too big for many deployments.
Have a look at our case studies;
- Upright Access features a two-in-one (the functions change depending on the user logged in) synchronised iPad app. It collects data entry, signatures and photos to create various site reports.
- Total Produce and Jonathan Grant Galleries feature live apps on iPads,
- GrapeWorx and VinePower feature synchronised iPad apps designed for use offline in remote (agricultural) locations.
We also recommend these free resources from the FileMaker website
Contact us now for a free consultation.