FileMaker Hosting is the way you can have your cake and eat it too!
All the goodness of a FileMaker custom solution tailored to your business with the anytime, anywhere access of a ‘Cloud’ solution. Hosting is competitive with the cost of running your own dedicated FileMaker Server and removes the headaches.
We offer two primary options; Virtual Private Servers and Virtual Dedicated Servers.
Virtual Private Servers
These servers are the cost-effective option and are modestly specified to suit low usage. Performance upgrades are available.
Tier 1 Virtual Private Server (VPS) (≤ 5 FileMaker Pro users) $140.00 per month OR
Tier 2 Virtual Private Server (VPS) (5-10 FileMaker Pro users) $225.00 per month
Off-Site incremental backups $11.00 per 10GB per month
Server Management $100.00 per month
SSL Certificate at cost (USD 105.00) $162.00 per year
Virtual Dedicated Servers
Virtual Dedicated Servers are ideal for clients who have either;
- A large solution that requires its own server(s)
- A large number of users that require access to the solution
- More sensitive privacy and security requirements
We can tailor a solution to meet your needs using dedicated servers, dedicated virtual private servers or even co-loaded servers. Dedicated virtual private servers are a secure, flexible and reliable option that is fast gaining popularity. Solutions start from less than $350 per month + GST.
Feel free to contact us for a no-obligation discussion.
- How many files can I host?Up to 125 per FileMaker Server
- How much data can I load?The Tier 1 machines currently come with 60GB gross space allocation (Tier 2: 100GB); allowing for the FileMaker Server, your available space will be a little less than that. This includes FileMaker files and externally stored files.
- What about bandwidth?The Tier 1 machines come with unlimited national and 100GB International bandwidth per month (Tier 2: 140GB). Extra use surcharges apply at current rates.
- How many users can I host?This is a performance issue and heavily related to the design of your FileMaker solution. We are recommending up to 5 FileMaker Pro/Go users for the Tier 1 machines and 10 FileMaker Pro/Go users for the Tier 2 machines. There is a paid upgrade path to more powerful servers if required.
- What about WebDirect?WebDirect place additional loads on the servers. We recommend that you be prepared to consider a more significant hosting investment.
- What about FileMaker licenses?You will need to own your own FileMaker Pro licenses. In addition you will need a FileMaker Server license and sufficient concurrent licenses to run your FileMaker Go and WebDirect clients.
- Can I have admin access to the server?Yes, conditions apply.
- What are the commercial terms for the servers?The servers are rented on a 12 month fixed term contract. Hosting is payable monthly, billed in advance.
- What OS do the servers run?All the servers are currently Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Do you offer Mac OS X servers?Not by default, but if you really need one please contact us.